Saturday 20 September 2014

Year Abroad Bucket List



Source weheartit

I've now been in Valencia for nearly 2 weeks and realised that I haven't done all that much except go to the beach and top up my tan as I don't know anyone yet and my flat mates haven't moved in. So I decided to compile a bucket list of what I want to achieve whilst I'm on my year abroad to give me the motivation and satisfaction to tick something off my list.

The list so far:

Say yes - this is the main thing that university tell you to do in order to get the most out of your experience; say yes. I am the sort of person to say no if I'm feeling tired to a bit under the weather and as I start to feel more homesick, I imagine the last thing I would want to do is go out and do things with people I hardly know. However, I want to make my time here the best it possibly can be and so I will vow to say yes to new things.

See Valencia - I've already walked around the city a bit but there are still places I want to see including: the Biopark, City of Arts and Sciences, La Albufera National Park, Turia Gardens and the Barrio de Carmen.

Read at least 3 books in Spanish - I love reading and think this will be a good one for practising my Spanish and I'll get to read my copy of Harry Potter y la Cámara Secreta.

Keep up with my French - As I want to do a joint degree and plan to go to France over next summer, I need to find a way to keep my French up to scratch. Ideally I want to find a French class but there doesn't seem too many from what I have researched, so whether it's reading books, watching shows or listening to music I need to figure out a way to improve my French.

Get Spanish lessons - despite living in Valencia and being surrounded by Spanish, unless I actually speak in Spanish, I won't improve. I imagine speaking in Spanish will be more difficult as I am a English Language Assistant and will therefore be speaking English a lot of the time.

Buy a postcard and shot glass from every place I visit - pretty self explanatory as I collect these from every new country or city I go to.

Watch a football match - I actually really like football and intend to watch a match and seeing that I live close to Valencia football ground, I don't have an excuse not to.

Take a trip to Barcelona with my family - which I intend to do when my family come and visit me in March for my brother's 18th birthday. I want to be a complete tourist and see the main attractions including: touring Camp Nou, La Sagrada Familia, Park Guell & Las Ramblas.

See Las Fallas - which takes place in March in Valencia so I have no excuse not to see it.

Travel as much as possible - I have an extensive list of places I want to visit but during this year I hope to visit: Portugal, Morroco (but not Marrakech), Sevilla, Mt Teide in Tenerife to see the sunrise, Lanzarote to see Carnival (even though the bigger on is in Tenerife, my love for Lanzarote is too great not to see it there) and finally as many cities in Spain as possible. 


Source weheartit.com






2 comments:

  1. I love this list it's so similar to my own! e.g. I need to find some way to keep up with Italian and i'm DYING to go to mt. teide! haha :)

    ReplyDelete